Shifty (LShift’s Guru and Avatar) is looking for an experienced Programme Manager / Business Manager with the nous and ambition to drive a truly innovative company. We’ve found that a traditional approach to running projects is as much of a hindrance as a help, so we need someone to report directly to the board, capable of defining, implementing and delivering new ways of working in a thoroughly agile environment. Do you fancy the challenge of ensuring that our systems are as smart as our technical offering?
Salary: £38 – £45k plus discretionary bonus, based in Central London.
You’ll work across five key areas:
- Client Engagement: Put simply, this is about helping clients get the best out of their relationship with LShift. Strategically, this involves refining and communicating our proposition as a business; operationally, it means developing and improving our project management practices, tools and techniques, and helping clients work effectively with them.
- Project Controls: We have many complex projects and need to manage resourcing across them carefully. We also need to ensure that we have the appropriate management information for decision making – whether it is to
determine our ability to take on new work, feed into our cash flow and budgeting plans, or analyze project profitability.
- Account Handling: We only employ Senior Developers who are also skilled project managers. However there is often a requirement to attend client meetings to assist in matching client and lead developer, helping to ensure that
requirements are captured, high level business issues are understood, and
linking requirements to solution roadmaps. It also involves acting as a proxy
to make sure that our commitment to the client is fulfilled and so the role may also involve supporting developers in applying their chosen project management methodology.
- Business Development: Supporting our Executive Director with winning new business through managing the development of proposals and pitches, farming and sizing new business opportunities (with new and existing clients), and actively managing ITT sources.
- Product Management: From time-to-time we turn some of the bespoke applications that we have developed into products. When this happens we need someone to help write business cases, develop and implement marketing and brand plans and, through true customer insight, assist in steering the product development direction.
Ideally you’ll come from a project management discipline with a mix of planning, technical (at the requirements level) and client facing experience. In return, you can expect;
- Working with some of the best people in the industry and some of the
World’s largest companies, including Barclays, BBC, Dorling Kindersley,
Habitat, Levi’s, Microsoft, The Discovery Channel, T-Mobile, Vodafone, and
- Working in the heart of Hoxton, surrounded with all the bars and eateries you could possibly want or need.
- Extremely flexible working patterns, season ticket loans, and contributory group pension and healthcare schemes.
- A fridge with lots of soft drinks and beers, an excellent coffee machine, and an office jukebox to rival all others.
- An opportunity to make the job what you want it to be, in an environment
that’s open to new ideas and encourages radical thought.
For more information about the role, or to apply, please contact Chris
Stephenson on chris (at) lshift.net or 020 7749 7749. CVs should be accompanied by a covering letter.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th October, although applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.